Free wooden Christmas cracker template, plus a stack of printed cards, confetti and twine, inside every copy of Mollie Makes 73 – out today! Also in this issue: knit a pair of cosy socks, sew a luxe velvet party clutch, crochet and stitch Christmas tree decorations and find a heap of gift wrap ideas. Lots more besides, take a look…
FREE mini wooden Christmas cracker template + papers, confetti and twine
Christmas dinner wouldn’t be complete without crackers at the table, so we’ve collaborated with two talented designers to bring you this clever kit so you can make your own Christmas crackers. Ben Treanor of Old English Company illustrated this festive set of seasonal papers, each adorned with his contemporary handlettering, while Kate Lilley of Minieco created the wooden template to cut, score and fold your crackers. To complete the collaboration, Chloe Hardisty has a selection of tiny treats (both edible and non-edible) in this issue for you to make and hide inside – paper hats and cheesy jokes are optional.
We can’t wait to reveal the full list of Christmas crafts from this issue, mainly because there’s not one but four adorable felt Christmas critters to make for the festive season (among other holly jolly things). Whether you choose to make our kawaii felties or the magical polar bear (see below), either of these handmade Christmas decorations will soon find a home on the tree or mantelpiece. Got Christmas decorations sorted? Flick through the issue to find the perfect handmade gift for him, her and kids covering all the crafts from crochet to sewing. Get your Christmas skates on, makers – here’s what you could make this Christmas…
Projects in this issue
• Embellished velvet clutch purse by Lana Red
• Penguin, deer and polar bear felt Christmas decorations by Anastasia Telegey
• Mini Christmas crackers gifts by Chloe Hardisty
• Fabric dressing gown sewing pattern by Live it. Love it. Make it.
• Festive table setting ideas and makes by Emily Quinton
• Floor cushion sewing pattern by The New Craft House
• Unisex crochet backpack pattern by Hannah Cross
• Felt polar bear by Mount Royal Mint
• Christmas wrapping ideas by Helena Steele
• Simple socks knitting pattern by Stitch & Story
• Crochet Christmas tree decorations by Irina Tretyakova
• Fabric baby toys sewing pattern by Tina O’Rourke
Meet Fi Douglas of bluebellgray
Glasgow-based designer Fi Douglas is best known for the beautiful, bold watercolour designs she creates for her brand, bluebellgray. we caught up with Fi to find out how she built bluebellgray from scratch, and the lessons she’s learned along the way.
Mollie Makes 73 is on sale 10 November.
Download the templates for this issue.
Available from all good newsagents, supermarkets and our official online store. Never miss an issue: subscribe today from the UK and receive 3 issues for just £5. In the US? Try 3 issues for just $9.95.