Welcome to 2016, crafters. Our first issue of the year is out today and includes 103 ideas you’ll love. This issue also comes with a free wooden template and paper stack to make origami gems, plus 8 pull-out posters and love notes to spread Valentine’s, Gal-entine’s and anti-Valentine’s sentiments. Find us in all good newsagents and large supermarket stores, Mollie Makes 62, out now. Here’s a closer look at the projects featured inside…
What are your creative plans? We hope you’ll start with one of the fresh projects we’ve cherry-picked for this Valentine’s special. We’ve covered techniques you may not have tried yet and new twists on old favourites, such as Mademoiselle Sophie’s easy-knit glitzy headbands and a pair of pretty sewn mug cosies. Yes, this issue comes to you with lots of love.
Inside Mollie Makes 62:
• Raid your sock drawer and whip up a cute Valentine’s gift by Amber Van Andel
• His’n’hers fabric mug cosies for long lazy breakfasts by Sew Crafty
• Paper arrows decorations by Lana Red
• Crochet lampshade pattern by Carmit Klein
• Fully portable fabric doll’s house by Louise Kelly
• Paper origami gems (your free craft kit this month) by Minieco
• DIY origami paper lampshade by Suzie Attaway
• Pyrography: makeover homewares by mastering this addictive new technique with The Lovely Drawer
• Sewing Hack: doodle stitch a date night blouse
• Sew a faux fur and suede clutch by Delia Creates
• Keep ears toasty with Mademoiselle Sophie’s cosy knitted headband
• DIY vintage-inspired lampshade complete with tassels by Sally Whiting
Meet the founder of Mini Magpie, Kimberley Golding, who upcycles unwanted jumpers into some of the most playful children’s clothes around, take a peek inside graphic designer Angela Barnes’ Cotswolds home and read about the committed makers with crafty tattoos.
Mollie Makes 62 is on sale 7 January 2016. Available from all good newsagents, supermarkets and our official online store. Sold out? Download it from Zinio, Google Play or Apple Newsstand. Don’t forget your project templates for this issue.