Take a peek inside the Summer Brights issue! We’ve filled Mollie Makes 68 with projects and features to awaken your creative side. This month, knot an ombré macramé garland, hook our mermaid and friends cover project (#teamnarwhal) or admire the home of RICE founder, Charlotte Guéniau. Lots more besides, dive in…
Hooks at the ready, crafters. This little narwhal and his sea pals have crossed the oceans to steal your heart. Whip them up in all the colours (rainbow narwhals for everyone!) to keep as your personal pocket doll or gift to friends to raise a smile – works every time! Don’t know how to crochet? We won’t have you missing out on making these amigurumi characters, so for two weeks in July we’ll be teaching you all the crochet stitches required to make the mermaid and friends. Keep and eye on our Facebook and Instagram accounts for the how-to videos. Sign up to our newsletter where we’ll announce the official dates for the how-to crochet video course.
Free gift this month
Inside this issue we’ve packed 2 mini wooden hoops, cotton fabric, embroidery threads and a needle so you can make a start on your mini hoop art necklace straight away. This free gift comes with 8 different cacti and succulent designs so you can chop and change to suit your style. Show us your hoop designs using #molliemakers online, we’d love to see.
Craft projects in this issue
Along with the amigurumi cover stars, this month we bring a variety of craft projects for your home, wardrobe, kids and even your pets. Have a gander at the full list of projects to enjoy this summer…
• Embroider designs on denim (download the templates here)
• Cut and paste a botanical print (download the templates here)
• Make a statement tasselled necklace using blush pink and marble beads
• Fold a striking origami vase
• Make a macramé garland in jelly-and-ice-cream ombré shades
• Sew an easy boho tassel cushion
• Upcycle an old scarf into a spacious, holiday bag
• Sew mini harem pants and bib for kids (download the templates here)
• Get a pom pom trim apron sewing pattern (download the templates here)
• Stitch pretty summer bicycle hoop art
• Hand print and sew a funky teepee for your pet (download the templates here)
Catch up with Jot Paper Co on the excitement of a first trade show, take a deep breath of fresh air inside the home of RICE founder, Charlotte Guéniau and meet Lou Gardiner, one of the most exciting names in contemporary embroidery who shares the greatest lessons she’s learnt as a freelance creative. Mollie Makes issue 68, out now!
Mollie Makes 68 is on sale 23 June. Available from all good newsagents, supermarkets and our official online store. Sold out? Download it from Zinio, Google Play or Apple Newsstand. Don’t forget your project templates for this issue.