A week filled with crafts? Oh, go on then. World Craft Week is back from Monday 16th – Sunday 22nd April and it’s even bigger and better than before.
So what’s World Craft Week all about?
The week is all about celebrating crafts online and this year it’s in support of Bliss – the UK’s leading charity for babies born premature or sick. Immediate Media, the company behind Mollie Makes, has organised the week and is encouraging everyone to Craft4Bliss.
Chief Executive of Bliss Caroline Lee-Davey says: “This exciting campaign will help raise vital funds for the one in eight babies across the UK who are born in need of neonatal care. Crafting can bring people of all ages together and we hope everyone taking part has an enjoyable week.”
World Craft Week will be hosted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and will feature live tutorials, inspirational projects and ideas, competitions, challenges and exclusive free patterns. The week-long event is all about showcasing creative talent and innovative ideas. Mollie will be taking part along with our sister mags, so keep an eye on our social media accounts to see what we’re up to.
Want to get involved? Here’s how…
Get the free World Craft Week digital magazine
Free craft projects? We’re all over it. World Craft Week has released a free digi mag filled with 23 baby-themed craft makes. It’s got everything from crochet bunny booties to a Liberty print comforter and baby rattles. Download yours while you can
Share your makes with us
We always love to see your makes and want you to show us what you’re working on during World Craft Week too. You can share anything you like – whether it be a make from the World Craft Week magazine or something else. And it doesn’t have to be baby-related. We’d like to see WIPs, completed projects, or even crafts you’ve received from pals and want to show off. Don’t forget to use #worldcraftweek and #craft4bliss so we can find your pictures. Want some inspiration? Mollie Makes has heaps of free tutorials for you to choose from too.
Hold a Craft4Bliss event
You can get involved by holding a craft-themed fundraiser for Bliss. Why not gather together your pals, family or colleagues for an afternoon of crafts, tea and cake with all proceeds going to Bliss? You can pretty much hold any craft-themed event you like. We’ve got a free printable fundraising pack for you too, featuring a poster to promote your event, a collection box cover, gift tags and a sponsorship form.
Five ways to donate
There are loads of different ways to donate so take your pick!
- Craft4Bliss – share your craft projects on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #worldcraftweek and #craft4bliss. Whether they’re WIPs or finished makes, we’d love to see what you’re creating. We’d be pretty chuffed if you donated to Bliss at the same time too.
- Buy a craft download – the digi mag’s free but there are three extra craft downloads inside that you can buy, with proceeds going to Bliss.
- By text – you can donate by text. All you have to do is send MAKE14 followed by the amount you’d like to donate (e.g. MAKE14£10) to 70070.
- By Just Giving – create your own fundraiser page or make a donation. Visit bliss.org.uk/craft4bliss.
- Send a cheque – send a cheque made payable to the charity to Bliss, 2nd Floor, Chapter House, 18-20 Crucifix Lane, London SE1 3JW.
See you next week, makers. It’s going to be a good one x