Yarnists, sewists, stitchers and papercrafters; these are the standard terms us crafty people use to distinguish each other. But if there’s one thing we all are it’s practical, right? Yeah, so we get carried away at supplies store and we get a little distracted by new projects, but that’s what being a crafter is: we’re creative, inspired, maybe a little scatty – we love it!
We each have our weaknesses, ours happens to be yarn, neon pink, Instagram, pineapples, confetti, wrapping paper, pom poms, garlands, Pinterest, glitter-dipped toys, stationery, crochet, fabrics… What’s yours?
Inspired by our Good Read in Mollie Makes 41, An Ode To Craft Obsession (have you read it?), we’ve put together 15 tongue-in-cheek things that diehard crafters can relate to. If you’d like to add something to the list, tweet us or leave your suggestion in the comments below.
1. You’ve been banned from buying yarn, again!
He underestimates you.
2. No sweat: you come prepared.
Cracked ours open already.
3. You’ve got a secret stash of pipe cleaners ready for the comeback.
4. Pom pom, pom pom, pom pom.
5. Cooing over miniature things is totally normal.
6. Don’t call it Granny Chic.
7. Shortcuts are your thing.
8. Organising: arranging things beautifully and impractically. Positively hard to maintain.
9. If YouTube videos mentioned yarn guides learning to knit/crochet would’ve been easier.
No? See number 5.
11. You don’t need to sit to knit.
12. Because twine. And Mason jars.
13. Giant sewing notions make you feel like a Borrower.
14. You believe arm knitting is Pinterest’s way of getting you to work out.
15. Crochet cosies on everything!
What? If we can’t make fun of ourselves, they will 😉