How are you getting on with those costume orders? Boy, do their imaginations put our craft skills to the test – they’re worth it! Plus, with all the wonderful DIY costumes available online there’s very little kids can request that we won’t find on Pinterest for free.
While researching the cutest Halloween costumes for kids we came across two websites that can’t be beat for quick and easy ideas: Say Yes and Hello, Wonderful. From Care Bears to cardboard cut outs, they’ve done it all! Here’s a look at our favourites…
[Main image, left column]
1. For mums born in the 80s, discovering a Care Bear costume tutorial online will undoubtedly become a crafting highlight of 2016 (besides all of these, naturally). Will it be Sunshine, Tenderheart or Wish bear? By Say Yes
2. If your little girl is obsessed with story books then this classic Madeline costume is just for her. You probably have everything you need for this one, too. Just add a felt collar, red ribbon and helium filled balloon for the finishing touches. See more of this adorable outfit here.
3. Babies in Halloween outfits: Mollie‘s kryptonite. Basically anything with a hood and little ears, just like the black sheep costume above, melts our heart. By Say Yes
[Main image, right column]
1. Rainbow unicorns, ahoy! Whip up a colourful felt mane with Hello, Wonderful in no time at all. All you need are sheets of felt, an Alice band and a sheet of card. So effective!
2. Can you look at this shark costume without having the Jaws theme song in your head? No, neither can we. Here’s a tutorial for making a friendly shark that marine lovers will enjoy. Make it in under an hour!
3. Who’s the sweetest kid on the block? That’s right, yours is! Especially when they’re sporting a doughnut costume by Hello, Wonderful.
More Halloween craft ideas:
Mollie Makes 72 is on sale 13 October.
Download the templates for this issue.
Available from all good newsagents, supermarkets and our official online store. To receive issues direct to your door subscribe today from the UK and receive 3 issues for just £5. In the US? Try 3 issues for just $9.95.