A bachelorette party and hen do can take on many guises: some can be a pretty chilled out affair of pampering and relaxed girly fun while others can be a little more on the wild side! Regardless, they’re all about spoiling the bride to be, and putting together a survival kit is a nice touch that can be both personal and fun.
As well as wedding stationery, Katie from Oh Squirrel specialises in making original, non-tacky hen party accessories with a hint of vintage charm that crafty brides will love. We asked Katie to come up with a bachelorette party survival kit that bridesmaids and friends can put together for the bride-to-be.
Bachelorette party kit:
• An itinerary of the day. You don’t need to give all the secrets away, but it’s always good to know when the dancing shoes may be coming on!
• Something to make her giggle. Like an embarrassing photo of her other half – he’ll never know!
• Personalised tea bags. If the Bride is a tea lover then a really fun and inexpensive idea is to make some personalised packaging for tea bags – she may need it the next day.
• A bit of TLC. If you’re planning a wild night she might need a few vitamins, biscuits or her trusty hangover cure in the kit, too.
• Love letters. Pack a few little notes or letters from the bridesmaids in the survival kit. You can include your favourite stories, why you think the bride is amazing or remind her of all the funnies you’ve shared. She can read them on the night or with her first strong cuppa the morning after. (You may need to attach a tissue or handkerchief to a few of these.)
• A pocket mirror. So she can check she’s at her finest throughout the party.
Video and other images © May I Say Productions