It’s easy to embrace a more eco-friendly lifestyle, but it can be hard to know where to start. Save The Planet One Day At A Time is a beautiful, practical journal that’s full of everyday ideas for going green, whether that’s by reducing your carbon footprint, creating a chemical-free home or living a zero-waste life. Divided into twelve chapters, this journal covers plenty of topics close to our hearts. Whether you’re wanting to cut down on plastic, save water or shop more ethically, this is the book for you.
Plus there are dozens of ideas for you to try every week and you can record your intentions and progress all in one handy place. There are also illustrated pull-out cards for you to pop around your home for daily reminders to save energy, buy less and recycle more.
We love the chapter about living a chemical-free life, as it includes loads of great all-natural alternatives. This DIY natural face mask and lip scrub are included in the journal and are made from ingredients you’ve probably got in the kitchen already…
Be sure to check out more of our sustainable series blog posts below:
Chocoholics face mask
- ½ avocado
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- Mash the avocado in a bowl using a fork. Add the cocoa powder and honey. Mash again to combine well.
- Apply to clean, dry skin and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash the mask off with warm water, then apply your favourite moisturiser.
Spicy cinnamon lip scrub
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tbsp raw honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl, and use a fork to blend them.
- Use your fingertips to gently apply the scrub to your lips in a circular motion, removing any dry skin.
- Rinse your lips with warm water and apply your favourite lip balm.
You’ll find more ideas in the journal, which you can buy here, or pick up from all the places you get your copy of Mollie. If you try any of these recipes, tag us in a picture over on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Oh and don’t forget to subscribe to Mollie Makes for more environmentally friendly crafts and upcycling projects.