Need simple and easy DIY backdrop ideas? Read on for our top six tutorials
A bright DIY backdrop or photo booth is the quickest way to create a playful atmosphere for parties, weddings and more. But besides looking amazing and making solo photos or selfies feel less awkward – camera shy peeps we’ve got you covered – DIY backdrops are also inexpensive.
A quick scan on Pinterest or scroll through Instagram will reveal hundreds of gorgeous photography backdrop ideas. Anything from paper, yarn, paint, flowers, fabric or whatever you can get your crafty mitts on is a fair game for DIY backdrop creations.
To find out how to make your own backdrop, read on.
[Clockwise from top-left]
1. Tissue paper is making a come back and we’re loving the different paper flower tutorials around. Try this one by Lovelyfest for Style Me Pretty to create a giant flower backdrop for a party wedding or just because it’s nearly Spring.
2. Garlands make fab DIY backdrops too, demonstrated here by Mollie Makes contributor Meredith Crawford of One Sheepish Girl. She made a yarn ball wall garland using styrofoam, fishing wire, yarn and pins. Great way to use up yarn scraps!
3. Over on Boho Weddings, Laura shared a paper crane DIY backdrop tutorial which she used during her outdoor wedding ceremony. To make your own origami backdrop, Mollie Makes style, download our paper crane printable.
4. Ah, versatile tiny pom pom – you’re the best! Follow Kristin Eldridge’s tute for a DIY backdrop that’s all kinds of awesome. Love pom poms (we’re obsessed)? Check out our DIY Fashion pom pom tutorials.
5. Short on time? Make Lovely Indeed’s scallop-effect backdrop over on Poppytalk. A quick and simple photo backdrop with wow-factor.
6. Confetti Sunshine totally made our day with her confetti photo backdrop. The colourful project is simply made with tissue paper circles and dabs of glue. Sure makes us want to try those splendid morsels, nom!
Psst… Enter our competition to win a Lomography camera