Ten DIY wedding ideas, tutorials and items for vintage fabric collectors and sewing fans. Not sure why you’ve been saving that fat quarter? Today you’ll discover its destiny. Only the best cloths should be used when decorating your wedding venue and these ideas are worthy of the fabric.
Add a touch of craft to your wedding day, make something memorable for someone you love, or get inspired by these handmade goodies.
1. Our favourite part of planning a ‘dream wedding’ is thinking about the wedding favours. Here’s a simple DIY to turn drawstring bags into colourful gift pockets for your guests.
2. Hestelle and Neil’s real wedding feature on South Bound Bride is stunning. We fell in love with the peony fabric flowers in her hair. And that bouquet! To make your own fabric flowers similar to Hestelle’s turn to p20 in Mollie Makes 40 and follow our step-by-step tutorial.
3. Can’t use confetti? No biggy, just make DIY celebration pennants with Oh The Lovely Things.
4. Could there be a more fabric-inspired wedding table setting? So beautiful! Photographed by Thuss + Farrell
5. Men’s pocket square in pink and green. He won’t even realise the fabric fairy got to him too. Thank you, Lauren Perkin.
Want more DIY wedding ideas? Get the new Mollie Makes Handmade Wedding