“Happy new year Mollie Makers! We’ve packed this issue with a couple of last-minute festive makes and lots of party projects and winter warmers. We also wanted to inspire you to get things in order for the new year – try our desk tidy projects on pages 55, 89 and 63. There’s a theme emerging at Mollie Makes HQ for 2016: Reinvention. Our new series, the Start Up Starter Kit on page 82 will look at different ways you can start turning your creativity into cash. On that note, we’ve updated our copyright terms to make it clearer which projects you can make to sell. Read about it on the right-hand side of page 6 and look out for our new ‘Make to Sell’ tag. Challenge yourself to start something new this year. It’s an amazing feeling, guaranteed!” – Lara Watson, Editor
Inside this issue:
• Rowan pom pom scarf knitting pattern
• Tiny terrarium: a needle felt village by Gretel Parker
• Fox slippers knitting pattern by Sincerely Louise
• Decoupaged tray using gift wrap scraps by Urban Comfort
• Stitched pen pot by Cotton Clara
• Embroider a throw by What Delilah Did
• Cracker piñata by Lana Red
• Snowy mountain wrist warmers knitting pattern by Anna Wilkinson
• Fabric cone garland by Molly Flaunders
• Three ways with mermaid style: a shell purse by Bluebird Chic, crochet earrings by Even Howard and iridescent dish by Lana Red
• Cord coasters by Meghan Quinones of Blitsy
Meet Nikki McWilliams, Mollie Makes Handmade Awards established business winner in this issue where she reveals the secrets behind her label and shares her top social tips. Plus, read about crafting away winter blues and how to make money from your craft skills in our two Good Reads this issue.
From all of us at Mollie Makes, have a very Merry Christmas!
Mollie Makes 61 is on sale 12 November 2015. Available from all good newsagents, supermarkets and our official online store. Sold out? Download it from Zinio, Google Play or Apple Newsstand. Don’t forget your project templates for this issue.