Sunny summer days are made for heading into the garden and getting creative with the kids. These cheap and cheerful DIY ideas from around the web are fun for little ones (and grown ups!) to try – no matter what the weather has in store.
[Clockwise from top left] 1. Woodland wanderers everywhere will love this fairy crown! Get the kids to help by selecting the very best twigs and sticks from the garden. kirstenrickert.com
2. Splashy paint plus colourful beads – kidlets will love making this eye-catching wind chime. Paint + noise = summer garden fun. studyathomemama.ca
3. Budding artists of all sizes will want to make this pinwheel – simply let them get artistic on both sides of a piece of paper – a few snips and a pin and you have some whirly wonders. childhood101.com
4. Ask the kids to make you fun painted markers for the herbs in your garden. Marker for “weeds” not necessary… skiptomylou.org
5. Not feeling green-fingered? Indulge your cactus obsession with this stone-painting project which wee’uns will love to help out with. wonderfuldiy.com
6. Lead them up the garden path with this super-fun stepping stone project from Hello, Wonderful.
7. Blast off! Turn a humble toilet roll tube into a rocket to the moon. Perfect for flying around the park. thelittlemonsterblog.com
8. Bring the outside in with pretty feathers made from tissue paper, wire and glitter. Perfect for rainy day inspiration! pysselbolaget.se
Can’t get them to sit still for five minutes? Make our cute stools in Mollie Makes issue 56.