We’re looking at ways to give our creative spaces a bit of a refresh and today it’s all about getting organised. Let’s go Kondo on our craft supplies! Now’s the ideal time to get stuck in and straighten out our creative spaces – it is January after all. Here’s a look at colourful storage solutions for your craft supplies, plus a two storage basket patterns. Bring on the craft room clear out!
1. Unbox the yarn and arrange them in rainbow order. So many heart eyes for this!
Erin Barrett | Photo © Rachel Ashcraft
2. A place for every thing and every thing in its place. Make our DIY felt storage basket to get organised.
3. We love hunting for storage solutions for our crafty spaces – we’ve had our eyes on these baskets in Erin Barrett’s home for a while. If we can’t source them soon we’ll be wrapping wire baskets in raffia.
Erin Barrett | Photo © Rachel Red Photography
4. Little cupboards filled with vintage threads, twine, buttons and more sewing notions look fantastic anywhere in the house!
Vicky Trainor | Photo © Helen Cathcart
5. Find creative ways to display your creations.
Rubyellen Bratcher | MM67 photo © Kimberly Genevieve
6. Wooden crates keep everything neat and tidy. Or at least that’s what they tell us…
Madam le Broc | Photo © Kasia Fiszer
7. Looking for a place to store your supplies? Look no further! These two free crochet storage basket patterns will help you keep everything neat and tidy.
8. Love how these fabrics are hung from a picture rails by clamp hangers. Now, how to install a picture rail?
Jonna Saarinen’s home tour featured in Mollie Makes 73 | Photo © Fiona Murray
9. We do love a pegboard, and the IKEA spice racks are a clever way to store notebooks, stationery as well as craft supplies. Find this great IKEA hack over at stephbond.com.
10. You can pick up a load of vintage tins from your local charity store or boot sale to hide
Jonna Saarinen | Photo © Fiona Murray
11. Is it weird that this example of ribbon wrapped around luggage tags is enough to get us amped to reorganise all our supplies?