They can break your arm (or so the rumour goes) and these birds enjoy royal protection, dontcha know? No surprise – there’s just something so elegant and regal about swans. Get in a flap over our pick of scarves and other wardrobe essentials, plus a couple of pretty, whimsical interior touches fit for a Queen.
[Clockwise from top-left] 1. A pair of swans whose necks form a heart are all kinds of gorgeous. Add a snowy glass globe and we’re sold. Get it from Marks & Spencer.
2. Those floaty feathers and pretty peach tones spell out L U R V E, don’t they? Send to a friend in the form of this folk-inspired wedding card from Etsy favourite, Jade Fisher.
3. There’s nothing better than coming home on a chilly autumn evening and changing straight into a slouchy jumper, woolly socks and your favourite pjs. Get the pattern on page 34 of Mollie Makes 71.
4. Make a statement in this Bjork style felted white swan scarf from celapiu. So romantic!
5. Pale and interesting – these swans were found on a set of vintage bed linen, now given a new lease of life in the form of this sweet dress by Rosary Apparel.
6. Knitted from merino wool and cashmere, this has to be the softest swan on the planet, with its thick, twisted fringe. One for a winter wonderland from Nina Fuehrer.
For more topical makes see Mollie Makes 71, the issue with the winter warmer mug cosies.
Mollie Makes 71 is on sale until 6 October. Available from all good newsagents, supermarkets and our official online store. Sold out?