A round-up of your pictures from Instagram, Twitter and Facebook in April, including WIPs and handmade projects from Mollie Makes magazine.
Stitch it up
This month we’ve noticed makers stitching up tons of crafty projects on social media – from our crochet backpack to our bunny stitch kit, patchwork pincushion and crochet mandala, plus lots of their own projects too (check out the bomber jacket above!). Loads of you have shown the love for our spring embroidery hoop too, but more on that later. Here’s a selection of your makes from Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Keep ’em coming.
[Row 1, l-r]
- @yumbarooney spent a quiet weekend making pincushions from issue 91’s patchwork project book. Sounds like our kind of relaxation.
- Team Mollie are seriously in love with @wish_i_were_stitching’s pimped up version of issue 89’s ‘Be kind’ cross stitch banner. Those poms!
- Say hello to @hannahweeksillustration’s version of our little cat cat yarn bowl from issue 91. We think he’s just purrfect.
[Row 2, l-r]
- @sheknitsyoulove made issue 91’s crochet backpack in Ultra Violet, Pantone’s Colour of the Year.
- @1973maaike has sewn up Kitty and her BFF Percy. Pick up a copy of issue 89 to make your own felt friends.
- Issue 91, a cuppa and some freshly baked cookies. What more could you want? @the_laser_lounge is doing downtime like a boss.
[Row 3, l-r]
- @rachie_higgs got crafty for her wedding. Congratulations on your big day, Rachie!
- @mini.makes has taken crocheting to a whole new level with her granny square bomber. We want.
- @themessybrunette is guaranteed to have the sweetest of dreams with her hand embroidered pillow, full of vibrant florals. Find @brynnandcoshop’s tutorial in issue 77.
[Row 4, l-r]
- Got your hands on issue 92’s free crochet mandala kit yet? @aunty_nic_nics has hooked hers up and “love, love, loved” making it.
- @hookonepurlone has made issue 90’s bunny – her first time embroidering. We’re impressed.
- We’ve heard of beach towels but now we’re all over beach quilts, like this one from @kirstykins_.
Mollie Makes spring embroider along
This April we held our first ever embroider-along during five craft filled days. The oh-so-talented Lolli&Grace designed a hoop for us that was the definition of spring, with florals, greenery and a buzzing bee. We’ve loved seeing all of your hoops on social media and hearing how you found the project.
Enter the Mollie Makes Handmade Awards 2018!
Drum roll… entries for the Mollie Makes Handmade Awards have opened and we’re inviting designer-makers in the UK and Europe to get involved. Celebrating craftsmanship and creativity is so important to us, as is discovering new talent, so we’re delighted to be launching the fifth annual event. It’s our opportunity to shine a spotlight on those people turning their passion for hand making into a way of life, and to highlight the amazing things they do. The Mollie Makes Handmade Awards are free to enter and open to residents of the UK and Europe. Enter now.
Issue 92 of Mollie Makes
Issue 92 of Mollie has arrived like a breath of fresh spring air – bringing sunshine, colour and inspiring new makes.
The issue comes with a free crochet mandala kit, plus eight papers filled with bright, playful patterns and quirky slogans. And the makes… we’ve got a modern heirloom doll to sew, floral weavings to liven up your walls and neon envelope purses to tote about your change. Want to see what else you can craft? Have a look.
World Craft Week
A week filled with crafts? Yes please. We were just a teeny bit excited to get involved with the second annual World Craft Week this April. Over seven days we joined in with the global campaign to celebrate all that is crafty, while raising funds for Bliss – the UK’s leading charity for babies born premature or sick. Missed it? No problem. You can still find plenty of free tutorials on their Facebook page and sign up to receive the free World Craft Week magazine, packed with 23 baby-themed makes.
Join us on social
Feeling social? Let us know what you’re up to on Insta, Facebook and Twitter using #molliemakes or #molliemakers.
See you in May, makers x