A round-up of your pictures from February, including WIPs and handmade projects from Mollie Makes mag.
Craft can be an excellent way to share your intentions and thoughts, and we’ve really noticed this in your craft pics from February. Loads of you have switched up issue 89’s ‘Be Kind’ cross stitch pennant, making your own up in loads of unique ways — from adding pom poms to painting the board and using different coloured yarn. You’ve all been getting into the Valentine’s Day spirit too, with makes themed around the day. We’ve loved seeing them all. Here’s a round-up of some of your creations from across Insta, Facebook and Twitter this month. Keep them coming!
[Row 1, l-r]
- Bonjour Monsieur René! @jolijnspooren has done an excellent job of crocheting René, our caiman cutie from issue 88.
- A pretty good sentiment, if you ask us. Here’s issue 89’s cross stitch banner, made by the lovely @thesewingalchemist. There’s still time to get the issue and the free kit too…
- @diybypaula‘s got her craft time sorted, with a WIP, tea, snacks and issue 89 of Mollie Makes. We salute you.
[Row 2, l-r]
- There’s nothing we love more than incredibly large craft projects. Here’s @ltblogged, arm knitting with @woollymahoosive yarn.
- The best kind of doughnuts are the ones you can squish. @thekrankykrocheter’s made @flamingpot’s extra-large crochet doughnut cushion as a treat for her little sis. Make your own with our free tutorial.
- One from the archives — @tinekanne’s made our pom pom necklace from issue 69.
[Row 3, l-r]
- @rulerkasie’s got cracking on Laura Strutt’s puff stitch crochet clutch bag — the ideal statement accessory for spring. Want to make your own?
- Issue 86’s tassel earrings are all kinds of lovely and @mypoeticmemory agrees — she’s making hers in different hues of purple.
- @hillsandvalleys_studio finished her first floral wreath hoop, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
[Row 4, l-r]
- @messymaura’s take on issue 89’s free gift is making us green with envy.
- We want to learn some skills from @annies_craft_room, who’s made Florae Flamingo with only recycled mags, scissors and glue.
- What could be better than squishy, fluffy, neon poms? Answer: Nothing. @reneeandburt has created this pair using issue 88’s pom pom bird kit.
Issue 89’s a beaut, if we do say so ourselves, and there’s still time to get it. It’s stocked in all good newsagents and supermarkets, and you can also get a digital or printed copy from our website. The issue’s all about refreshing our crafting and finding different ways to create. We’ve got a bold Ultra Violet hoop for your home — reflecting Pantone’s Colour of the year — plus a woven bag, and a colourful crochet cushion, for an original take on a favourite technique. Want a bold statement for your wall? Our free gift is a ‘Be Kind’ cross stitch banner, a quick make that you’ll whip up in no time at all.
Join us on social
Feeling social? Let us know what you’re up to on Insta, Facebook and Twitter using #molliemakes or #molliemakers.
See you in March, lovelies x