Mollie Makes visits: Cardiff Arcades
Planning a trip to Cardiff? Amy Davies reveals what to see and do in the city’s beautiful arcades
Cardiff’s arcades provides shoppers with something unique, and sometimes downright crazy (in the best possible way). The city’s craft and vintage lovers flock here, but it’s also a pilgrimage for outsiders – there are more than enough finds here to fill an afternoon admiring the wonderful wares on display.
Thought there are more, the main (and most bounty-filled) galleries are the Royal, Morgan, Castle and High Street Arcades, each an architectural masterpiece in their own right. Take a few moments to gaze at the curved glass roof of the Morgan Arcade, or spend some time on the balcony at the Castle Arcade, spying on shoppers as they scurry by underneath.
• Joie de Vivre in the Royal Arcade
• The Pen and Paper (also in the Royal Arcade)
• Hobo’s (located in the High Street Arcade)
• Vintage Zizou, in Castle Arcade
• Northcote Lane market (held on the first Sunday of every month from 6-8pm)
- Posted at 17.53